McAllen High School
Friday, February 20, 2009
“Attitude, not aptitude, determines altitude.”
Jesse Jackson (McHi Character Ed. Committee)
1. McHi Cheerleader, Yell leader, and Mascot Try-out information meetings will be held on Monday, February 23, 2009 and Thursday, February 26, 2009 both at 6:30 p.m. Meetings will be held in the McHi Annex. In order to try out for the McHi Cheerleading Team, YOU and a PARENT MUST attend one meeting. There are no exceptions!
2. McHi’s Presentation Dance is this Saturday from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. at the Grand Casa Real Hotel (formerly the Holidome). Tickets will be on sale during your lunch periods, $25.00 per couple or $15.00 for singles.
3. UIL Academics is traveling to the following schools: February 21, 2009-Edinburg High School, February 28, 2009-Edinburg North High School, and on March 7, 2009-La Joya Palmview High School. Please make sure you get your permission slips from your UIL Academic coach. Thank you and good luck UIL Academics.
4. Attention Sophomores and Juniors: applications are required for 2 hour Career Technology Education courses. If you are interested in taking a 2 hour Career Technology Education course please see Mrs. Dopp in HE-6. Applications are now available and deadlines will be here before you know it.
5. Attention students: can you sing, dance, or have a special talent? Well start practicing because this years talent show will be held on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 during 2nd and 3rd period. Auditions will be held soon. Get your routine ready so you will make the cut.
6. Nominees for class favorites should be at Presentation by 9:45 p.m. since the winners will be announced promptly at 10:00 p.m.
"Crime Stoppers 630-BITE."
Lunch Menu for today: